HEALTHIER FRIED RICE
Quick and easy dinners are my thing. I’m having one of those days where everything is going to plan. So dinner is ready to go for tonight YES 🙌🏻
What you need:
2 Cups Brown Rice
4 Rashers short cut bacon (diced)
2 Cups mixed veg (I’ve used frozen peas, beans, corn and carrots for convenience)
4 Spring onion (chopped)
3 TBS Tamari
1 Tsp Organic Honey
1 Tsp Minced Garlic
Coconut Oil (for cooking )
– Heat your cooking oil (I use coconut) in medium saucepan.
– Whisk eggs. Add to saucepan, cook to scramble then set aside.
– Meanwhile get your rice cooking in a seperate pot.
– Add your onion and thawed veggies to your saucepan, cook and set aside.
– Cook your diced bacon and set aside.
– Once rice is cooked, strain and add to a heated saucepan with 1/2 tsp coconut oil.
– Add prepared eggs, veggies, bacon and stir well.
– Add garlic, Tamari, lemon (squeeze onto rice) and honey and stir well.
– Allow to heat and cook on low for a further 5 mins. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
And your done 💁♀️ Great for leftovers and lunches. Enjoy !